Delevoped rash on vagina area after shaving. What could be done?

Question
I don't usually shave my pubic area but I did and concentrated on the hairs around my anal opening and my vaginal opening. Now on one side there is a rash with bumps what is it? It itches. What can I do to relieve it.
Posted Tue, 2 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 minutes later

Your problem of rash with bump is due to ingrowth of hair.
This is usually seen when you shave for the first time.
You will feel better after 3 days. Till then apply a antihistamine cream to the part.
If itching is severe , you can take an anti-histamine one tablet daily for 3 days.
You will be perfectly fine in another 3 days. So do not worry.
Hope this helps,
regards,
Dr Nilofer

Follow-up: Delevoped rash on vagina area after shaving. What could be done? 7 minutes later
The rash has been for about 1 week. This isn't my first time shaving. I usually wax but if I can not find the time I shave. It seems to be relieved if I place XXXXXXX on it. Also I also just finished a 10 day dose of levaquin and I don't know if this could be a side effect?

Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 4 minutes later

Yes it could be a side effect of levaquin.
You can apply a soothing cream with anti-fungal agent(clean and clear ointment) on it.
It will give relief.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask follow up questions. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Dr Nilofer