Delayed periods with pinkish discharge. Chances of pregnancy?

General Surgeon
hai dr. its not my periods,im getting pinkish redcolour discharge which gets dissolved immediately,im expecting my preganancy,normmally it is 28 day cycle,where in im 31 days now.pls advice
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later

Thanks for nice query.     

Delayed periods can be due to many reasons and pregnancy is one of them.

Pregnancy is the most common cause of delayed periods.

Pinkish red color discharge which gets dissolved immediately don`t signifies anything, as for as pregnancy is concerned.

So the best option for you is to get urine for pregnancy test done after 7-10 days are over ( UPT becomes positive on 40 days conception )or get the ultrasound done to confirm the pregnancy only after 15 days are over.

By that time you must start taking folic acid, which is very essential in the peri-conception phase as it prevents many congenital malformations in the fetus.

Ultrasound is must to confirm viable live intra uterine pregnancy, but it generally gives good result after 6-7 weeks of pregnancy.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”