Delayed periods, white discharge. Pregnancy test negative. Periods always regular. Do I have cancer?

OBGYN, Gynecologic Oncology
Late with my period 5 days. I am always on time. Took the pregnancy test twice, negative. Also white mily discharges. What can be wrong? I am worried I got some cancer, tumor
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Manjunath L Ramarajapalli 2 hours later

You have not mentioned your age. I presume you to be in the reproductive age group.

I advise you to take another pregnancy test after 2 days (period delayed by 7 days ). And if that is negative, you may need to take an ultrsound examination to rule out other causes e.g.ovarian cyst.

Consult your Physician for milky discharge. Depending upon these details we can advise further.

Based on your description, the chances of cancer seems less likely.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept my answer if you do not have any further queries.