Delayed periods, spotting, no bleeding, mild cramps, giddiness. Is there a possibility of being pregnant?

had a foreplay with my fiance and he ejaculated near the opening of my vagina.. My period was due on 21st XXXXXXX I saw a light spotting today afternoon on my sanitary napkin since when I haven't had any bleeding. I have experienced mild cramping thrice that lasted for 5mins. I Felt giddy once so far. could I possibly be pregnant?

also in April I had got my period on the 12th, in May I had got them on 21st. But I did not experience any spotting in May as I did now. I have never got cramps more than once. the day I get a cramp in my tummy I get my period the next day always. in this month I got a cramp & 2 days later got another one & one more the next day. And also I have been travelling or to be precise I have been on a vacation for a week. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Since your period is overdue by more than a week and you had a mild spotting near the expected date, this is suggestive of pregnancy.
However to confirm the status of pregnancy, I suggest you to test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test ( 20 - 25 mIU )kit. Use a morning sample of urine and two lines means a positive test. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
If the test comes negative then you can wait for one more week for your periods to start on their own.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Delayed periods, spotting, no bleeding, mild cramps, giddiness. Is there a possibility of being pregnant? 7 hours later
I have got my period today. but I don't know why are my periods getting delayed by 10 days? i have never experienced this spotting before this nor a 40 days period cycle that I've been experiencing for the past two months? what is causing this to happen? should I visit a gynecologist?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 49 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If you had a normal period today, then there is nothiong to worry. Such mild delay in periods can be due to a mild hormonal imbalance, stress, change in environment, exercise, etc. Please do not worry and wait for next 2-3 cycles for it to normalize on its own.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.