Delayed periods, negative urine test, prescribed Naturogest. What is this tablet for?

i got my l.m.p on Aug 04 2012.. But till tody i didnt get my periods. i have gone through with urinary test which came negative & my doctor advised me to take Naturogest 300 mg. 5 tablets for 5 days. & asked to me to come if i didnt get periods after stoping tis tablet. Can anyone help me.. wht is this tablet for?
Posted Thu, 4 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 28 minutes later
Naturogest contains progesterone & it is sometimes used in younger women to treat menstrual problems caused by insufficient Progesterone in the body.
Your doctor has given you this tablet for withdrawal bleeding & bleeding occurs 3-4 days after completion of 5 days course.
However even after 3-4 days of completion of course, you do not get your periods; I will suggest you get your blood beta HCG test done to rule out pregnancy ( sometimes urine pregnancy test can be false negative ).
I Hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Delayed periods, negative urine test, prescribed Naturogest. What is this tablet for? 7 minutes later
Thanks XXXXXXX for your reply!!! Wil wait & check
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 47 minutes later
Welcome back.
If you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion by rating it.