Delayed periods, hot flashes, nausea, whitish discharge, sharp pain in abdomen. Pregnancy test slightly positive. Is it possible?

Alright so here's the deal. I am a 28 cycle, give or take a day or two. I am little over two weeks late. I am tired all the time, at night I wake feeling very hot, like having hot flashes. Some food after I eat it makes me feel nausea. I have a lot of creamy/white discharge. I do have slight sharp pain in my abdomen. I have taken 3 pregnancy test, one was slightly positive at like 15 mins, so I ignored it. I am kinda at my wits end. I know some people can't test positive till later after two weeks. Wondering what I should do.

Posted Tue, 5 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
From your description you are having mild symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. But a urine test is needed to confirm your status. Since the repeated urine tests have come negative, I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
Also, you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test kit.
In case both these tests are negative, then pregnancy is ruled out and the delay in your periods is due to a mild hormonal disturbance.
In that case you need to consult your gynecologist to get some hormonal pills prescribed to have a withdrawal bleeding.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Delayed periods, hot flashes, nausea, whitish discharge, sharp pain in abdomen. Pregnancy test slightly positive. Is it possible? 8 minutes later
What type of test should I look for, or what is the best one to use for this circumstance. I have consider waiting 5 more days to see if anything will happen, getting a positive, starting my period or finally doing to the doctors.
Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
It would be appropriate to wait for 5 more days. You can ask for a highly sensitive kit on which the limit mentioned is 20-25 mIU instead of 10mIU. It is easily available at most of the pharmacies.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.