Delayed periods, had sex, negative urine test, stomach pain and heaviness. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
as i am 19 year old and my periosds are 2nd time late more then a month before it happen in XXXXXXX dat time also it was month late but dat time i didnt have any sexual activity and it started in XXXXXXX and in july we just had touching down and then also period not got started and after that we had sex in august on 11.and we did with protection and i had done my urine test it was negative and on 14 i got a stomach pain and on 16 also my stomach was heavy but period is not getng started and we had protected sex so what should i do.i am havng a stomach pain regularly but period are not getng started.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 41 minutes later
hi,

periods can get delayed due to many causes that can affect hormonal system,
like stress and strain, changes in weight, recent illness etc can affect hypothalamo-pituitary-ovarian axis, poly cystic ovarian syndrome and thyroid hormonal disorders etc can lead to delayed periods,
as you had intercourse on 11th of August, urine pregnancy test kits may not detect pregnancy this much early,
so you better consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination, ultrasound and if needed hormonal evaluation which will possibly detect the cause for your delayed periods, if there are any changes of pregnancy that can also be assessed with ultrasound and depending on that treatment can be taken.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Delayed periods, had sex, negative urine test, stomach pain and heaviness. What to do? 2 minutes later
if i dont have to go with all this doctor stufs what can i do ...
any other solution is there for this

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later
hi,

the other options are,
-you wait for one more week and go for blood test for pregnancy if not urine home pregnancy test, if comes negative you can take any one of progesterone tablets like,
medroxyprogesterone 10 mg twice a day for 5 days
or regesterone 5 mg thrice a day for 5 days etc,
after stopping the pills within 5 to 7 days you can have periods,

but if the test comes positive or you do not get periods after 10 days of stopping the pills or if the irregularity of the periods reccurs better to consult gynecologist once to diagnose the underlying problem.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.