Delayed periods, cramps in stomach, sore back, tingling vagina. Have polycystic ovaries. Not pregnant. What is it?

I am 20 years old, Not pregnant but I am about 5-6 months late for my Period yet I am in pain with my belly like period cramps and also my back is sore and down below keeps tingling if that makes sense, I have Polycystic ovaries What could be going on?
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 47 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us,
Polycystic ovaries are a known cause of delayed periods. This may well be responsible in your case.
It is important for women to have a period at least once every 3-4 months to avoid many long term complications. So, please visit a Gynecologist for a prescription to induce periods. She /He may also examine you to find out the cause of your cramps & tingling & suggest appropriate treatment.
However, if you are overweight try achieving a normal Body Mass Index as this may solve your problem to some extant.
Please write back if you have any question.
God bless you.
Follow-up: Delayed periods, cramps in stomach, sore back, tingling vagina. Have polycystic ovaries. Not pregnant. What is it? 50 minutes later
Hello, Thank you
I live in the Uk so don't have open access to a Gyn dr I am due to see my GP soon should I tell her as well although I have and not much came off when I said to her.
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 5 hours later
You are welcome with all your questions.
Yes, you should discuss this issue again & stress that 5-6 months have passed since you last had periods & request him/ her to give you some medicine for periods. Otherwise he/ she should refer you to a Gynecologist for proper treatment.
Hope you get well soon.
Best Regards.