Delayed periods, cramps, clotting, negative pregnancy test. Prescribed Siphene. Taken gonadotropin. Will I get pregnant soon?

this time i had my periods 2 days delayed ,but i had severs cramps on first day with only dark red clotting discharge with no blood ...i had negative pregnancy test too.i had siphene last cycle as told by my doctor.why did i not have period with blood but only clotting discharge for two days only?last cycle my doctor suggested me siphene due to delayed periods...we are trying for a baby since 4 months, but each time i get delayed periods since 4 my doctor again suggested me siphene this time.last i had gonadotropin injection after my follicular study.....still everything in vain....will i get pregnant soon???
Posted Wed, 6 Jun 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 50 minutes later
Dark red blood during the periods is a normal finding and is not worrisome.
The delayed periods are often associated with passage of old blood initially during the first day of period. Taking Hcg does not affect the blkeeding. It seems that you are having mild hormonal disturbance which is causing the delayed periods.
You need not be hopeless.
It takes repeated attempts to get pregnant successfully.
Do not worry, everything will be fine.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.