Delayed periods, abdominal pain, thick white discharge. Had protected sex, taken ECP. Pregnancy?

May 2013
Last month i had protected sex on 5th day of my periods used condom and took ECP(Ipill) within 4 hours. now my period is due for 2 weeks. i had a very stressful month due to family issues.. and i know that i didnt ovulate.. because i didnt get any pains last month. And to attend a family occasion i took period delaying pill. now its been 2 weeks and i didnt get my periods. But 2 days back i had severe abdominal pain and got thick white discharge. My bf is very sure that condom didnt break because he checked it right after sex.And i am quite confident that i am not pregnant too. this abdominal pain is similar to what i get every month while ovulating..
Now my doubt is . "Is there any way i can get pregnant even after having soo many protections and i had sex on 5th day of my period. which i know is an infertile time XXXXXXX Did my ovulation start just now..??I dunno what is happening to me. Please help.

I dont even have some pregnany symptoms like vomiting , nausea , tender breasts
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 32 minutes later

the points against pregnancy are,
-in case of regular periods it is very uncommon to have ovulation on 5th day of periods,
-as you took precautions like condom and emergency pill within 4 hours,
-as emergency pill can alter the menstrual cycle, as you took tablets for postponement and had episodes stress
any of these or all of them collectively may caused delayed periods by effecting the hormonal system.

so what you can do is just go for pregnancy test once which will clarify the doubt, then as you are having pain suggesting ovulation, wait for 2 more weeks by that time you will get periods usually, if not once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination and ultrasound which will find out the cause for menstrual irregularity.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Delayed periods, abdominal pain, thick white discharge. Had protected sex, taken ECP. Pregnancy? 5 minutes later
Thank you for your answer doctor. But i have one more doubt .. does taking periods delaying pills when Ipill was taken will it affect my health?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 3 hours later

emergency pill usually contain high doses of hormone estrogen and as you took it in the first half of the cycle there is possibility for preponement of periods, but before that happens you took pills containing progesterone for postponing the periods,
so because of these external supply of hormones the natural hormonal cycle might have become disturbed and led to delayed periods.
apart from leading to menstrual irregularity they can cause nausea, vomitings, pain abdomen, bloating sensation of the abdomen etc,
emergency pills should not be used frequently for more details regarding this you can see my article,

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.