Delayed periods. Taking sustain. Have light spotting and abdominal pain. Side effects of sustain? Pregnant?

I had Iui done last month. Already missed my periods for 5 days. Tested negative twice. Did hpt. Taking sustain 200 twice a day since Iui.(still taking). Can sustain delay periods. Heard that many women tests negative even after for 15 -20 days. Should I stop taking sustain 200 or continue with it. I take them orally. . If am not pregnant what could be the reasons for missed period for 5 days. Yet to take a blood test. Plus I have light spotting started 5 days before due date and continues till today, total 9-10 days now. Little darker brownish blackish colour. Usually I have spotting 2 days before my period starts. So this spotting pattern is unusual for me. Today i felt there was a little clot With spotting and little more abdominal pain. Can I go for ultrasound at this stage. What are the chances that I am pregnant. I am scared to take more tests.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 33 minutes later
Susten can delay your period but still for confirmation get serum beta-hcg test done if test comes positive means you are pregnant & go for trans-vaginal scan to detect site of pregnancy.During pregnancy you can have such bleeding due to implantation or abortion that will be cleared after scan.
However if test remains negative means you are not pregnant & stop taking susten so that you can get your normal period.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.