Delayed periods. Taking primolut. Not on contraceptive pills. Will there be any problem in future for conceiving?

Question
I got married in November'10. I have no kid not even planning right now. From last 2 months my periods are delaying. I consulted one Gynecologist she advised me to take tablets (Primolut N). I took it for 2 days only then bleeding started and then my next menstural cycle got delayed (10-12 Days). I am not taking any contraceptive pill.
Will there be any problem to conceive? We are planning for this year end.
Posted Sat, 2 Jun 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing in.
Delayed cycles could be because of stress, change in personal and professional environment, thyroid problem, polycystic ovarian disease etc. In my opinion, you should maintain menstrual calendar for a couple of months. Do not take any hormonal pill without investigation. If this problem reoccurs again, I would suggest the following investigations to be done:
a.     Complete blood count
b.     Thyroid profile (TSH, free T4 and free T3 levels)
c.     Female hormones LH and FSH ( luteinizing hormone and follicle stimulating hormone levels)
d.     Ultrasound of uterus and ovaries
This can be done in consultation with your local doctor. For contraceptive purpose till this problem is sorted out, you can ask your husband to use condom. I do not think this is a serious problem ( will not create problem in conceiving) if your investigations turn out to be normal.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.
Best wishes

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Taking primolut. Not on contraceptive pills. Will there be any problem in future for conceiving? 36 minutes later
Thanx doctor .
My husband is using the same and I am not taking any tablet currently. Two months back only I took the tablet as advised by the doctor.
Once it was happned before marrige that time doctore prescribed Modus 10 mg. Then after it became normal.

What is the normal duration of cycle?

Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Normal duration of cycle varies from 21 days to 35 days.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow up. If you have no more questions, please close this discussion.