Delayed periods. Taking contraceptive pills. Prescribed antibiotics. Having headache. Pregnant?

Hi I had my implanon put in my right arm on the 29th of april as I had it in for the six years altogether in my left arm. My last period was on 8th of may. I have always had regular periods whilst using this contraceptive but now I am late. My doctor prescribed me antibiotics on the same day for an absess, i am now concerned I may be pregnant as when I have been trying to find out on line it says it should be inserted between the 1st and 5th day of your cycle. I've had period symptoms for the last fortnight as if they were about to come but nothing yet? I have had a headache for the last few days . Would like your thoughts on this. Thanks.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 28 minutes later
Implanon may sometimes cause some menstrual irregularities because it's a hormone. But you do need to rule out pregnancy first so take a test. If the test I'd negative then most likely this occurred due to hormonal imbalance. The insertion of the device needs to be checked.