Delayed periods. Suggested Duphaston. Is it safe to take this medication? Can it be healed by diet and exercise?

Hi my name is XXXXXXX I am 25 year married women. I married 5 years before and due to my carrer reason , I and my husband avoided sexual intercourse and now for the last 3 months we have started doing sexual intercourse for 3-4 times a month. preganancy is not conceived but my period are going to abnormally delayed as the last period cross over delay of 30 days
Please tell me whether I have to use Duphaston as suggested by local gynecologist or should i believe on my immunity to heal the problem naturally with diet and excercise
Please guide
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later

You should have some hormone tests done as well as a pelvic ultrasound to find out the exact cause for your delayed periods.

There are many reasons like PCOS etc that may cause delayed periods.

If the periods are not regular then pregnancy will not happen.

You can use duphaston from day 16 for 10 days as it will help in implantation, if it happens.

Diet and exercise are equally important in the treatment as well.

Diagnosing the problem is most important here so that the correct treatment can be given.

You and your husband should approach the problem together.

Hope I have answered your query. Please write back if you have additional concerns.