Delayed periods. Pregnancy tests negative. Pinkish vaginal discharge. What does this mean?

Question
Hi doctor.. i am 7 days passed my due period.. normally right on time.. I have had several pregnacy tests all negative.. this afternoon i have a tiny bit of pinkish blood when I wipe.. dont need a pad..
What does this mean??
Please help x
Posted Fri, 6 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 29 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

Dear

You have mentioned in your history that you had your adhesions removed in the month of April

I assume that it was a lap surgery

What was the reason for adhesiolyis , whether it was done for infertility or for pain due to endometriosis ?

Regarding delayed periods , there can be several reasons including hormonal disturbances , ovarian cyst , endometriosis , thyroid disorder etc

Please write back the complete history so that I can guide you better

Till then you can take tranexamic acid to control the bleeding

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy tests negative. Pinkish vaginal discharge. What does this mean? 1 hour later
thank you.... my gyno suspected endometriosis..severve pain for 9 months, then when i had lab he said it was scarring for appendix which had been removed 10years ago.. i very confused...
could i possibly be pregnant?
Wat is tranexamic?

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 23 minutes later
Hello

Welcome back

Any surgery in the abdomen can cause formation of adhesions like appendicetomy etc

Endometriosis cause severe pain while menstruating

Adhesions in the abdomen can cause tubal pregnancy so you have to be cautious and get an ultrasound done as early as possible
Get beta hCG levels done

Tranexamic acid is a drug to control the bleeding

Best wishes

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy tests negative. Pinkish vaginal discharge. What does this mean? 27 minutes later
please explain more?? im scared.. What is tubal pregnancy?
how urgent is this?
Rememer negative preg teat and slight spotting? why?
thank you

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later
Hello

As the pregnancy test is negative so you don't have to worry as chances of tubal pregnancy or ectopic are not there this time but be careful in next cycles , get an ultrasound done as soon as you miss your periods

Spotting can be due to hormonal imbalance so don't worry and get it investigated as mentioned above

It's not urgent

Best wishes once again