Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Thyroid 6.3 and prolactin level 56. Prescribed Eltrixcin and Cabgolin. Got periods. Suggest

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Excellent
Question
I got my my periods on 29/4/13 and was supposed to come on 29/5/13 but it did not and preg test was also negative. My doc advised with TSH & serum prolactin test along with semen analysis of my hsuband.My husband test were fine.
My Thyroid is 6.3 & prolactin level is 56.I was advised with Eltrixcin 50mg annd Tab Cabgolin 0.5 once in a week and tab cycloreg for periods. After having cycloreg I got my periods on 20/6/13 which was lesser than the normal flow of periods. It was like big spotting.I was advised to start Tab Siphene 100mg for 5days from 22/6/13. Tab Ovnac Plus for 1 month and Tab Evatone starting from 29th for 14 days.On 24th I got good flow for 3days.I was advised for Base Line u/s on 2/7/13 which says that I have mature folicille of 08mm and 09mm i left and right ovary respectively.Thers is also mid stromal hyperplasia.10-12 cycst with 02-04mm in size.Polycystic ovary.No free fluid is seen.

Kindly advice since I need to get Pregnant and what is the problem
Posted Sun, 21 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 27 minutes later

Your ovarian follicle development is somewhat slow.
Poly cystic disease presents with hormonal imbalance, menstrual irregularity, anovulation, insulin resistance etc.
Hypothyroidism and hyperprolactenemia also affects the menstrual cycles and ovultaion.
Now you continue the follicular study and possibly you may ovulate after few days.
And plan intercourse around the time of ovulation.
If you do not ovulate in this cycle, you may need to try in the next cycle.
You continue the medicines adviced by your doctor.
Along with these better to take insulin sensitizers.
If you are having excess weight for your height, better to reduce the weight. This will help in regularization of cycles and ovulation.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Thyroid 6.3 and prolactin level 56. Prescribed Eltrixcin and Cabgolin. Got periods. Suggest 32 minutes later

Thanks for the quick reply however I want to ask is this condition curable?

Will I able to Conceive?

My doctor says that egg size are not encouraging so she will review thi sfater my next cycle?

I am not understanding exactly what is the problem?

Can you please explain in layman languauge what exactly the problem is since understanding in doctor's language is bit difficult.

Thanx in advance

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later

-Yes, with proper treatment this condition is curable and you can conceive.
-As I told previously hormones called estrogen, progesterone, FSH, LH etc. are needed for the development and release of ovum.
In PCOD because of the imbalance of these hormones ovum development can be delayed or stopped.
Though you have taken medicines to induce ovulation, sometimes these are not sufficient and needs few cycles to get the required hormonal levels.
So better to follow your doctor's advice and if you do not ovulate in this cycle, try in the next cycle.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Thyroid 6.3 and prolactin level 56. Prescribed Eltrixcin and Cabgolin. Got periods. Suggest 15 hours later

Thanks for explaining me the situation.

Just wanted to know what is Mild Stromal hyperplasia and is my PCOD is at high level.

I am also taking Argipreg Plus. This is for what?

Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 16 minutes later
Mild stromal hyperplasia is a common finding in PCOD and it is not related to severity.
The hormonal levels will decide the severity of the PCOD.
Argipreg plus contains antioxidants. That helps in neutralizing the biochemical end products and in decreasing the free oxygen radicals.
This helps in improving the fertility.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Thyroid 6.3 and prolactin level 56. Prescribed Eltrixcin and Cabgolin. Got periods. Suggest 2 hours later

Thanks for the reply however I would like to know that is there any special diet in order to improve the conditions or something which I should avoid eating?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later

You should take nutritious diet containing cereals, dhal, vegetables, fruits, milk, eggs, fish etc.
Green-beans, legumes, carrots, cucumbers, garlic etc. contains estrogen.
Foods XXXXXXX in magnesium, zinc and B-6 etc. will increase the progesterone levels.

Foods with high carbohydrate levels, excessive fat, oil etc. should be avoided.

Regular exercise is needed to maintain ideal body weight.