Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Prescribed meprate and mensovit plus. What could the problem be?

Question
Hello doctor,
My last period date was april 22nd.. still i din get my periods.... i have checked pregnancy test it shows negative... so consulted one doctor she asked me to take meprate tablet for 5 days...... but i din get my periods after taking tat.. so again i consulted her she asked to take a scan for polycystic ovarian disease... but my scan shows normal... she again gave me mensovit plus tablet... i took it for 2 days still i din got my periods.... what would be my problem? I am very much worried... pls help me with ur kind answer.........
Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX

thanks for the query.

Regular menstruation requires adequate hormonal balance, healthy uterine lining and intact outflow tract. If you do not bleed with progesterone withdrawal then estrogen priming is required. If you don't bleed with this also as in your case then either your endometrium is not healthy or outflow tract is not intact. In my opinion at this stage, you should get your FSH level tested to see proper ovarian hormones functioning.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Prescribed meprate and mensovit plus. What could the problem be? 1 hour later
Hello Doctor,

Thanks for ur response...... I very well understood ur reply....... its only been a day since I took tat mensovit plus tablet... so my doubt is.... Is there any chance of me getting pregnant if we have intercourse at this time? I hope u understand my question....... And if my FSH level is abnormal what should I do further? There wont be any problem in getting pregnant na doctor...........................

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 16 hours later
Hi XXXXX

Thanks for the follow up.

Although the chances of pregnancy in such situations are very remote but still this possibility cannot be denied.

As I mentioned,there may be either some basic hormonal problem or problem in structure of uterine cavity. To find the first, you should get your FSH levels checked. If that comes out to be more than 40 MU/L then premature ovarian failure may be there and you may need hormone replacement therapy.

To find any structural defect, you may need hysterosalpingography or hysteroscopy.

If any of these three is defective you may have some difficulty in pregnancy. But, medical science is so advanced now that you will surely find some solution of your problem.

Good luck.

WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Pregnancy test negative. Prescribed meprate and mensovit plus. What could the problem be? 4 hours later
Hello doctor,

Thanks for ur reply....

Im science student so I do ve some basic knowledge in human physiology... though there is remedy for everything still im tensed regarding this issue... I said to my family doctor about all those complaints whichever I said to u..she is replying me that my scan report shows no abnormalities... my uterus, both ovaries and endometrium thickness everything is normal so nothing to worry... I asked her den y I din get my periods yet after taking tablets nu she is saying that ovaries hasn't ruptured yet for u.. some ll face this kind of problem.. u r normal only.. we ll wait for the periods to come den only I can say u whats ur problem nu.... Is she treating me properly doctor? or shall I consult any specialist? pls guide me doctor..........

Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 8 hours later
Hi, thanks for the second follow up.

At this point of time you should wait for few more days as your doctor is advising you. If your periods still don't come then you can go for the tests which I have advised you for which you can consult any doctor you can rely on or even send me the scanned reports directly at my URL.

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you. If you have any further query you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
WWW.WWWW.WW