Delayed periods. On Novelon. Had unprotected sex. Risk of pregnancy?

Mar 2013
as i told earlier, i am on my pills i.e. Novelon since 5 moths regularly. last monh on 24th july i did have unprotected sex with my partner. he did ejaculate inside me once. my last pill of novelon was on 30th of july. accordingly periods was supposed to come on 2nd of august. but still it has not come. AM I PREGNANT? but it has been told that if i am on pills there is no ovulation then what are the reasons for my periods being late? i am not stressed that much. then? i cant consult any gynic here. PLEASE HELP ME OUT
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 16 minutes later
Hi again XXXXXXX
The pill is upto 99 % effective in preventing a pregnancy, if taken correctly and consistently.
However, there ARE instances of pill failure.
No method of contraception is 100 % effective.
Sometimes, on the pill, the period can be delayed , and it could be due to other reasons to - anxiety, stress, hypothyroidism, polycystic ovaries etc.
Since your period was due on the 2nd of August, which is just today, I would advise you to wait for a week more, before taking a home urine pregnancy test.
Meanwhile, please continue the pill, without missing, if you plan to be sexually active.
Also, a delay of 1 - 2 days is normal sometimes in women occasionally.
Wait for a week more, before arriving to a conclusion.
Follow-up: Delayed periods. On Novelon. Had unprotected sex. Risk of pregnancy? 28 minutes later
THANKS Doctor. so i should continue my pills from 7th of aug? as it is the 8th day from when i left taking it. and if i dnt get my periods within a week then what should i do? i dont think i am pregnant but still i am worried
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 29 minutes later
Continue your routine pills as prescribed from the 7th of August.
If you do not get your periods within a week, take a urine pregnancy test and let me know accordingly.
Follow-up: Delayed periods. On Novelon. Had unprotected sex. Risk of pregnancy? 28 hours later
today i hv got my periods. still there is any chance of getting pregnant? today its 11th day from when i did have sex.......
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
If you have got your normal periods, there is no chance of pregnancy.
do not worry.