Delayed periods. Hpt positive. Scan showed sac like structure of 9 mm in endometrial cavity. Guide?

Question
my lmp was of 30 april,didnt get my periods after that,hpts were negative.doctor gave me deviry for 7 days from 8 july.again i didnt get my periods.bt hpt positive on 28 july.got scan on 30 july.it showed a sac like structure of 9 mm in endometrial cavity,and nothing else.is it safe.
Posted Fri, 23 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 21 minutes later
currently you are having an early intrauterine pregnancy. the current scientific recommendation is if a progesterone like this should not cause any major concern and pregnancy can be continued if desired. you will need to repeat the ultrasound in 10 days to see the fetal heart. pl start taking folic acid if you are planning to continue

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Hpt positive. Scan showed sac like structure of 9 mm in endometrial cavity. Guide? 2 hours later
yes mam,i am taking folic acid tablet named fol 123.in ultrasound the sac which was of 9 mm corresponded to 5 weeks 3 days.there was no yolk sac,no any other activity,i am very worried.the doctor has said to get ultrasound again after 10 days.

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 36 hours later
yes it's important to repeat ultrasound in 10 days for fetal heart. if the pregnancy is healthy it should grow. I understand your anxiety. try to relax. best of luck