Delayed periods. Having work stress. Not feeling nausea or vomiting. Pregnant?

Mar 2016

Hi, I and my fiance had fingering on 5th of this month. As far as I remembered, I had no contact with my pre-cum that time. I had masturbated in the evening and fingered her at night at least 2-3 hrs after musterbation. In April she had her periods 1 day earlier and her period continued for days with maximum bleeding in the 2nd day and minimum on the 4th day. But in May she has not had her periods yet and it is already 4 days delay in her regular period and still no signs of her period.
In addition, she has started a very strict and minimum diet as she feels she is bulky and taking 1 slim tea bag daily morning in empty stomach from last week of April after her April period. She is having work stress which was there previously also and some tension regarding marriage as our marriage is scheduled on December this year.
As she has not got her periods and even no sign of nausea, vomiting or excessive tiredness we are very tensed now. She is normal without any symptoms and also undergoes regular exercise in the morning hours.
Can she be pregnant? Kindly help us.............
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later

Generally, period date may alter up to 7 days (delayed or earlier) from due date It is considered as normal thing. It occurs mostly due to hormonal imbalance & mental stress.

Pregnancy depends on proper timing of ovulation and unprotected sex with ejaculation. Precum or prostatic fluid contains small amount of sperm which may cause pregnancy in some percentage women. If you are sure that there is no contact with precum or unprotected sex, then possibility of her pregnancy is almost nil. Also above type of sexual activity is quite safe and you have nothing to worry.

Here, she can wait few days to get her period naturally. If she does not get it within 7 days of due date, she needs to undergo one home pregnancy test to be sure.

In exclusion of pregnancy, other reasons for late period are anxiety or emotional upset, irregular eating habit, overweight or loss, extreme weight loss, vaginal infection, psychological factors etc.

Complete treatment depends on underlying etiological factors. Therefore, I suggest you to consult with a gynecologist who can guide for relevant investigations (like pelvic ultrasound scan, hormone assay etc) after a physical examination if she gets initial negative pregnancy test.

The following measures can be helpful :

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Complete avoidance of salty/ fatty/ junk food stuffs.
3) Try to avoid stress by yoga/ deep breathing or meditation (20-30 minutes).
4) Drink plenty of water and eat more green vegetables & fresh fruits. Keep bowel habits regular.
5) Control body weight by regular physical exercise. Maintain personal hygiene. Take sound sleep.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish her good health & take care yourself. Practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen.