Delayed periods. Have cramps and sore breasts. Pregnancy test negative. Pregnancy?

Excellent
Question
Hi, im 18 years old and i have had protected sex on all accounts through the month with no splits or breaks but my period is delayed i have cramps and really sore breasts like my period is about to start but its just not coming. today will be the 36th day of cycle and my last period was on the 19 of may and was 33 days long before that. I have taken 4 pregnacy tests which have all come back negative. Whats the likelyhood that i will be pregnant? My boyfriend is not concerned at all.
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 41 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern. Condoms are 85-98% effective, but they are not 100% effective. Presently its difficult to say if you are pregnant or not, because Pregnancy test will be positive after 5 to 7 days of missing periods. As your last period was on 19th may, I suggest you to wait till 26th XXXXXXX then if you still do not get your periods, kindly repeat urine pregnancy test. If it is negative you can take progesterone tablets for 5 days for withdrawal bleeding after consulting your doctor.

REMEMBER STRESS OF BECOMING PREGNANT WILL DELAY YOUR PERIODS. So, kindly do not get tensed, even if you are pregnant and wish not to continue the pregnancy there is medical method of terminating pregnancy.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.

Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Have cramps and sore breasts. Pregnancy test negative. Pregnancy? 15 minutes later
i just would like some reassurance that I am not pregnant

Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 11 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,
As you are already having cramps and sore breasts, you could be nearing your periods. But, Only way to confirm that you are pregnant or not is to wait till 26th XXXXXXX and repeat pregnancy test, if it is negative that means YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT, that will reassure you. And get prescription of progesterone from your doctor to get your periods. Hope you are clarified from your doubt.
If you do not have any clarification you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
WWW.WWWW.WW