Delayed periods. Had unprotected sex. Took unwanted72. Pregnant?

Mar 2016

on 10th may i have done unprotected period date was on 14 or 15 may. by mistake sperm was not withdrawl by my b.f. i have taken unwanted 72 tab on 10th may ni8. but still my period not come. i m very upset is i m pregnent? plz help
Posted Thu, 6 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 20 minutes later

Unprotected sex 4-5 days before period due date is quite safe if previous cycle was regular. Taking unwanted 72 within 24 hrs gives additional protection more than 95%. Here, chance of being pregnant is almost nil literally.

Following taking the pill, period may be delayed (due to hormonal imbalance& mental stress) or you will get a withdrawal bleeding within 7-10 days. You can wait another 4-5 days to get period naturally. If you do not get it, you can undergo one home pregnancy test initially or blood test for beta-hcg to confirm.

You need to consult with gynecologist following test report for next line of management.

In the interim, do the following things:

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements. Avoid fatty/ spicy/ junk/ fast food.
2) Drink plenty of water and eat more green vegetables & fresh fruits. Keep bowel habit regular.
3) Try to avoid stress by yoga/ meditation regularly (20-30 minutes).
4) Control body weight by regular light physical exercise. Maintain genital hygiene. Take sound sleep.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health. Practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen