Delayed periods. Had unprotected sex. Suggest medications?

hello I had unprotected sex with my boy friend April 7, I usually get my period about 28 of every month and I dont want to get pregnant. Please what typy of medicine will i need?
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Your periods are overdue by more than 15 days. The first thing you need to do is to get a urine test for pregnancy done using a test kit available over the counter. After the confirmation of pregnancy by the test, you need to decide regarding the further course of action.
If your pregnancy test comes positive and you want an abortion with medicines then there are kits for abortion available which you can get on a doctor's prescription. It is best to use these kits under the expert guidance of a gynaecologist as such kits are often associated with complications like excessive bleeding and incomplete abortion. You will have to search a gynaecologist near your place for guidance.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.