Delayed periods. Had sex. Took birth control pill. Chances of pregnancy? Suggest any abortive pill in case of pregnancy?

Question
i am 22 years old and had my period on 25 XXXXXXX and i had sex three times within 4 hours on 23 july with my boyfriend nd i had XXXXXXX 72 within 12 hours . my periods were about to occur on 25 july but till 27 july it has not occured. Is there any chance of my pregnancy??Please recommend me any abortive pill in case of prgnancy .
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 45 minutes later

I presume you have regular periods and 28 to 30 day cycle.

Since you had sexual intercourse around the menstrual period time (perimenstrual) the chances of pregnancy is less. You need not have XXXXXXX 72 at all but still you had it.
XXXXXXX 72 can delay the periods because they are hormones. The menstrual periods are hormone regulated. I suggest you to wait for few more days before you panic. In fact you may wait for the periods to occur. You do not require any abortive pills right now.

Let me know if you need further help.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Had sex. Took birth control pill. Chances of pregnancy? Suggest any abortive pill in case of pregnancy? 10 hours later
what is the percentage of being pregnant in my case and for how many days i hav to wait fr periods??

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 34 minutes later
It is near to zero. You can wait for one month for periods.

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Had sex. Took birth control pill. Chances of pregnancy? Suggest any abortive pill in case of pregnancy? 8 hours later
I am feeling fatigue, backache, heavyness in stomach, headache and legsache from 3 days . what is the reason behind it ?Is there any method by which I could bring periods earlier?

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 hours later
The present symptoms may not be related to pregnancy or delay in getting the periods.

It would boil down to stress or anxiety that you are undergoing waiting for the periods. You really need rest first, ample hydration. You can take the same regular medication for the menstrual pain that you had earlier at this time. Once you relax with this you will definitely get the period in a week.

I do not see a need for separate medication for periods at this point in time.