Delayed periods. Had intercourse, took cyclenorm. Chances of being pregnant?

i had an intercourse on 29th of april i had my periods on 11th april i have taken the tablet of cyclenorm p & e on 23rd of may still i have not my periods is it i am pregnant or i can still except for my periods to get
Posted Sun, 23 Jun 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 4 hours later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

It is possible that you may have gotten pregnant.

We need to confirm whether you are pregnant or not. Pregnancy can be confirmed with urine or blood pregnancy test. Urine pregnancy test kits are available over the counter at most pharmacies.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: Delayed periods. Had intercourse, took cyclenorm. Chances of being pregnant? 1 hour later
upt test has been done on XXXXXXX 1st it was negative

upt test was done on XXXXXXX 1st the report was negative & after how many days the pregenancy test can be done that is for 35 days or 40days it can be checked that is postiive or negative of pregency after intercourse
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 13 minutes later
Hi again

Since the first step has been taken, it is time that we discuss your symptoms in detail. The next step can be to wait for a few days or to go for withdrawal bleeding after a course of medicines. For the medicines you will need a prescription from a physician.

If you can answer my questions I will be better able to help you.

How often do you get your periods?
Are your periods regular?
How long do the periods last?
Are you on any medicines?

Waiting for your answers.

Dr Vaishalee

the periods is delayed by 5 to 8days it is irregular for some months it is i will periods 2 days late and sometime 5days at any month like this i will varied of this problems so we will not be contact atleast 20 days after i get my periods & I have taken the tablet cyclenorm p & e on 23rd, 24th, ans 25th of may because i dint get my periods doctor told me you well on 3rd or 4th of XXXXXXX the time of the tablet is you should for 10 days you wil get your periods. pls give me a solution what to do

i am waiting for your suggestion doctor

my periods for 3 or 4 days we had gap for 18 days approximately i.e from apr 11 to 29apr ihave a doubt that is i am not particular about the date is 29th apr or may 2nd only on these 2 days we had a contact then we had a gap till 13th may. so that is why i am worried why i am not getting my periods whether i am going to reach menopause if it is that ok but i do not want the child. I am one girl child she is 7 years old. or the periods is delayed it is ok i can wait but i do not want pregency. from the contact day till how many days the pregenancy test can be done that is for 40 days i except is it not mam. so pls suggest the answer
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 16 hours later
Hi again

Sorry for the delay in response. I was busy with my other clinical responsibilities. I can understand your concerns regarding being pregnant and I will try to explain to you as best as I can.

As I said earlier that you do have chances of getting pregnant as you had intercourse on "not so safe" days. I still need to know how often you get your periods since it will help me in counting the safe days and other things.

For the following discussion I am assuming that you get your periods every 30 days.

Usually the urine pregnancy test starts getting faintly positive in the initial few days of missed periods. You got your last menstrual periods on 11 April. If you get your periods every 30 days then you were expecting your periods on 11 may. After 11 may the test usually starts showing positive results. As you did the test on 1 XXXXXXX (that is on 50th day) and it was negative, then I am pretty sure that you are not pregnant.

You may repeat the urine pregnancy test to confirm. Alternately you can confirm with a blood pregnancy test which is more confirmatory than urine pregnancy test. The most sure way to confirm pregnancy is by seeing fetal heart beat on an ultrasound.

Cyclonorm e and p has both estrogen and progesterone components. Progesterone only is used to get a withdrawal bleed.

It is always advised to use contraceptive measures. In your case, you can go for an intra-uterine device like copper-T after ruling out pregnancy.

Let me know if you have more doubts. I will be happy to assist you.

Dr Vaishalee