Delayed periods. Do not want pregnancy. What tablet could I use to help bring my period?

I havent seen my period last
month and I m not ready to carry a pregnancy. I got a 1 year old daughter and need time to recover emotionally. what tablet could I use to help bring my period? Please help....!!!!!
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 47 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Delayed periods can be due to various reasons as hormonal imbalance, pregnancy,stress etc.

If you had unprotected intercourse then possibility of pregnancy is there but you need to confirm the pregnancy first by a simple Urine test at home by fresh morning sample.

If you do not wish to continue the pregnancy then you can go for abortion but that has to be undertaken under Medical Supervision and medications are prescribed after proper examination as they do have effects as increased bleeding,pain,cramps and are available after a prescription itself.

You need to address your concern to a Gynaecologist who can guide you accordingly.

Kindly visit your Healthcare Provider earliest for evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available in case you have any concerns.