Delayed period,I-pill,home pregnancy test negative

I had my last period on 1st/2nd May 2011. During the month of April I consumed an I-pill for the first time and periods were satisfactory in May. My cycle is about 25 days , I am surprised this month I have not had my periods yet. It is almost 34-35 days now. I have done home pregnancy test which is showing negative. I will turn 45 in october 2011 & I am 5' 4''. Can you help me..... XXXXXXX
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 47 minutes later

After going through the description provided by you, I feel there are couple of possibilities for in your case.

1. As per your age, you are approaching menopause, at this time irregularity of periods like irregularities in the periods, heavy or light flow during periods etc.. are common and expected. Eventually the periods will stop gradually.

2. After taking I pill at times irregularity for couple of periods in not uncommon and will gradually regularize.

My advise would be, as your pregnancy test is negative, it would be better to wait and repeat the test after a week or so.

In case of negative test, please visit gynecologist to see for any hormonal abnormality and treatment accordingly.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I will be available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Delayed period,I-pill,home pregnancy test negative 1 hour later
I am having pain in abdomen &strong nautia feeling similar to what happens during pregnancy..... how sure are we as far as this PREGA NEWS test is concerned....can you tell me after how many days this test should be undertaken?......Is it too early I have gone through this test . Please explain.... XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 43 minutes later

Good to hear from you again.

One can go urine pregnancy test after 4-5 days of missed period. Now a days the kits are very sensitive that even after one day of missed period the test can pick up pregnancy.

You have done test after say about 7-8 days of missed period, negative test rules out pregnancy in most of the cases.

Still repeat the test after a week or so with another kit. The symptoms that you are having can be due to some gastric problem also. In case of more trouble please talk to your physician.

Hope this answers your physician

Follow-up: Delayed period,I-pill,home pregnancy test negative 9 hours later
please tell me some methods if any which enable/help my periods to start if at all the test conducted by me is negative?
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Thanks again.

Drugs similar to that of birth control pills are used to induce withdrawl bleed.

If periods do not occur, you need to see your Gynecologist who after complete examination will prescribe you them.

Hope my answer was adequate.

Wish you good health