Delayed period. Trying to conceive. Estrogen levels less, endometrium wall not thick enough. Can I get pregnant?

Hello Doctor,

My last periods was on May 6th. My cycle is 30 to 33 days usually. I didn't get my periods for XXXXXXX month yet. I am married for 15 months.. was trying to conceive. last month when i consulted the doctor , she said the estrogen levels are less and the endometruim wall thickness is less compared to normal and prescribed few medicines. she asked me to take from the 3rd day of my periods but it didnt come yet. i am really scared to take a pregnancy test at home also as it may come negative and didn't want to get disappointed.. Is there any possibilities to concieve if the endometruim thickness is less .. or how long will i have to wait.. is there any pregnancy symptoms ??
Posted Wed, 4 Jul 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
If the endometrium thickness is slightly lesser, then the chances of conception are comparatively lower.
Pregnancy symptoms include absent or delayed period for more than 10 days along with morning sickness, vomiting, frequent urination, feeling tired, tenderness of breasts, light-headedness, feeling dizzy, getting irritated, and increase sensitivity to smell.

Since your periods are overdue, you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test kit. Also then I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests.
Ruling out pregnancy is essential to find out the cause of your delayed periods and further treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.