Delayed period. Pregnancy test came negative. Have PCOD. Took Sysron-N. Why is Sysron-N not effective?

Question
I am having PCOD problem. due to which i am having Irregular period, I had Pregnanct Test which is negative .My period had stopped 1 and half month. I am consulting the doctor for start of my period .The doctor prescribe me to took sysron-n tablets 3 days thrice daily. I took 3 tablets each for 3 days as per doctor's prescription and waiting for 1 week and not get one drop of bleeding.? Still not got Periods . what should i do ?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 14 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX
The dose of Sysron-N should have been for a minimum of 5 days.
In case of weight over 65-70 kgs its better to use it for 7 days.
The best option now is to do a repeat urine pregnancy test with first morning sample and if negative then take Tab Ovral G like of prep once daily for 7-10 days provided you have no liver diesase, migraine, cancer, clot etc and a no similar family history.
After stopping the medication you may wait for upto 2 weeks to get periods.
You should regulate your diet and weight to regulate your cycles.
Best wishes

Follow-up: Delayed period. Pregnancy test came negative. Have PCOD. Took Sysron-N. Why is Sysron-N not effective? 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor for reply .

Doctor , i and my husband are planning for a kid from 2 months without precautions but i am not able to conceive .

Please let me know how can i conceive after using Ovral G medicine prescribed by you .???

Also i have attached my ultrasound report for your reference .

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 5 hours later
In the previous note you dint mention that you are planning to conceive.
Its better to wait now for 1 week, if no menses still you may repeat a course of Sysron for 7 days. Ovral G doesnot interfere with conception in a subsequent cycle.
If no menses even then you will need to see a Gynae or Fertility specialist in person.

Follow-up: Delayed period. Pregnancy test came negative. Have PCOD. Took Sysron-N. Why is Sysron-N not effective? 17 hours later
Thanks Doctor.

Do i need to take sysron n 3 times a day upto 7 days ?

As per your advice i did pregnancy test today morning but it was negative.

Also , sometimes i have little pain in abdomen when i am standing for a long time in kitchen or at office . Is this due to PCOD problem or some other thing ?

Mostly my period are irregular upto 5-8 days above my due date.
As from last 1 month , i and my husband are not using precautions during intercourse, Is my periods are irregular due to some harmonal changes this time ?

There could be several causes of dlayed periods .PCOD is one of them.
You may take SYsron for 7 days and then wait for upto 2 wks.
Pain abdomen is not due to PCO.

Follow-up: Delayed period. Pregnancy test came negative. Have PCOD. Took Sysron-N. Why is Sysron-N not effective? 23 minutes later
Thanks Doctor

Doctor ,

Please share your contact details , Clinic Address and timings for future ?

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 30 hours later
I practice in Gurgaon -Columbia Asia hospital.
0124-0000
0000-Manju

Pl take sysron for 7 days