Delayed cycle, was under severe stress. Had taken premont-n. How can I get periods?

Mar 2016

I usually have a 35 days cycle this is the first time its delayed by 20 days, may be cause of marriage tension, im getting married this 27th may, i took premont-n tablets last week to get periods early but its a week now nd my periods have not come yet.. please help wat to do.
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 50 minutes later

Normally period date may alter up to 7 days from due date. Period delaying more than 20 days has several reasons like hormonal imbalance (by using Premont-N), mental stress/ emotional upset, irregular diet habit, thyroid disturbance, weight gain or loss, ovarian cyst, psychological factor etc.

Now as you are getting married on 27th May, it is not a good thing to get your period during that time. Therefore, I suggest you to take PRIMOLUT-N tab thrice daily for another week starting from today till your marriage is over. You will get a withdrawal bleeding, similar to period within 3-5 days of stop taking the tab.

If you are sexually active, then you need to rule out pregnancy at the earliest before taking PRIMOLUT-N (Norethisterone medication). You can undergo one home pregnancy test with urine to rule out pregnancy. On positive result, you must consult with your gynecologist.

On the other hand, if you do not get your period after stop taking the medicine, you need to consult with your doctor for relevant investigation like pelvic ultrasound, hormone assay, thyroid profile etc to pin point the diagnosis. Take suggestive measures accordingly.

Take healthy diet with iron XXXXXXX food stuff, drink plenty of fluid/ water, keep bowel habit regular, avoid stress/ anxiety by regular meditation/ yoga, eat more green vegetables, maintain genital hygiene & take sound sleep. This will help to get period timely.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

For any future query, you can directly ask me by viewing this page WWW.WWWW.WW
Wish your good health. Good luck.

Dr Soumen