Delay in periods after tubal reversal surgery. Normal?

i have not had a period in 2 weeks after my tubal reversal surgury
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 22 minutes later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

In Indian women, usual age of natural stoppage of menstrual cycle (menopause) is between 45 and 50 years. If you already have menopause before tubal reversal surgery, then your period will not return back after tubal reversal surgery.

If you were having periods normally before the surgery, then period should come on expected date. If not then you should consult your doctor to rule out:
•     Pregnancy
•     Injury to ovaries during surgery
•     Use of concurrent medicines affecting menstrual cycle.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Ashish Mittal, MD