Delay in getting periods, had taken i-pill post unprotected sex. What should be done?

hello doctor ,
me and my wife had unprotected sex on 4-may in night and she takes i-pill on 6 may afternoon . But issue is that still on 25 may no period is come should we go for pregnancy test .Because right now we r not ready for baby. what we do ??
Please suggest
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
After taking the pill you should have gotten your period within a week. But if you still havent got any bleeding,its important to rule out pregnancy. Get a pregnancy test done immediately. If you have missed your usual period date,get the test done. If you havent yet missed a period,you can wait and if you do miss it,do the test.
Follow-up: Delay in getting periods, had taken i-pill post unprotected sex. What should be done? 7 minutes later
Thank u doctor for replying.

But if she got pregnant then what medicense available in medical shop because we don't baby now.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 6 minutes later
You will need to get an ultrasound done first. The gestational age has to be within 6/7 weeks for a medical abortion. You wont get that medicine without a doctor's prescription and you will need to take it exactly the way your doctor advises you. It can cause complications if not taken properly. Also you need to remember, that medical abortions are not 100% failure proof. There may be a chance of failure. I suggest you get the pregnancy test first. If its positive then get an ultrasound. Take the report and see your doctor for the prescription.