Degenerative changes seen on spinal MRI. How to cure weakness and pain?

I have already written my query.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 46 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your information in detail, and with the kind of degenerative changes that you have on MRI spine, there is always a possibility that your weakness and pains are due to the compression. However if the symptoms are not reducing with the traditional therapies, then there is a possibility that along with the compression pain there could be a cohabiting psychosomatic component.
As you have mentioned that you had been in and out of depression, it would be always worthwhile to consider starting on Amitriptyline or Duloxetine for 3-4 weeks. Even if the pain is purely organic,still these two modalities do reduce the pain element.
Pregabaline is also a good drug in this respect.
You are following stretching and imagery, may be a few sessions on CBT with your psychiatrist will also benefit you.
Do continue your depression treatment as it will have a lot of impact on your pain perception.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.