Decreased sexual desire. Causes?

Hi doctor
Ours is an arranged marriage. We got married one year back and we are planning for kids only after one more year. He is 29 and Iam 28 only. In bed he touches me , kises me but within 10 min he will fall sleep and start snoring. I feel so embarrassed after seeing this. Is there any mistake from my side or his side I am not sure about this. But he loves me a lot.
I heard from his parents that He is good in sleeping whenever he sees bed.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 1 hour later
Hi there,

Thank you for posting your question.

What you describe here is abnormal. There is no mistake from your side. It has nothing to do with his ability to sleep. I think your husband must have some sort of sexual dysfunction.

You are going to have to talk to your husband about this in as gentle, loving and non-threatening a manner as I am sure you can manage. Ask him if there is any problem that you can help him with. Ask him why is he not interested in having intercourse with you.

One possible explanation is that he has erectile dysfunction that he is trying to keep hidden from you. However, in the absence of open dialogue between you, this is only speculation on my behalf. There are many other possible explanations.

I hope you can accept this answer for now. When you know more and if you feel that you need more help, please revert.