Decreased sensation on lower leg, leg pain, incontinence. Lumps in the groin. History of Congenital spinal stenosis and DDD

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a history of congenital spinal stenosis and DDD. Recently I was sent to a&e by gp as i had decreased sendation down my left leg and thigh pain also had a incidence of incontinence which hasn't happened since. Was seen by registra and told that they would arrange an MRI scan, still waiting! After a weekend of horrible pain in my thigh today I have discovered 2 lum;ps andout 10cm down from groin in front thigh; 1 bout 2 cm across the other about 1 cm. Should I be worried or could these just be fatty lumps? They feel quite smooth and slightly tender. I am a 50 year old female.
Posted Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The lumps in your groin are likely to be due to lipoma- fat deposits, sebaceous cysts or swollen lymph nodes.
In case there is no pain, raised temperature or increase in its size then such soft tissue swellings are not worrisome. Presence of pain and redness indicates infection and needs to be treated after proper examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.