Decrease of vaginal discharge during pregnancy. Should I be concerned?

Hi, I'm 7 weeks pregnant and noticed the decrease of white dicharge. Should I be concerned?
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
A decrease in discharge is a normal finding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
I would not be concerned much about your situation because it is not uncommon for a woman during her pregnancy to experience a fluctuation in vaginal discharge. It happens due to the hormonal influences on the vaginal mucosa. Clear and watery discharge can also happen during pregnancy and can be particularly heavy after exercising or doing some strenuous physical activity.

This discharge is formed by the normal bacteria and fluids the vaginal cells put off and it can decrease in quantity due to hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy.
I want you to be aware of symptoms like, yellow or green colored discharge, discharge with bad odor, or if it is clumpy or cheese like. Watch out for itching, discomfort, rash or sores along with a vaginal discharge. If you happen to notice any of the above mentioned symptoms, seek instant medical help.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.