Death was due to probable toxicity of carisoprodol. How much of this drug could have caused death?

I just received a death certificate on my late wife from the medical examiner. It states that the cause of death was probable toxicity of carisoprodol. My question is how much of this drug would this take?
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
450mg/kg kills 50% of rats...........

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your wife. I hope you find the strength to carry on. It must be difficult but accepting, coping and moving forward is the best approach. I know it can be difficult but give it a try.

Studies have shown that, values as high as 450mg/kg are needed in rats to kill 50% of the rats population. This should equate to exceedingly very high levels in humans to produce similar results. This is way too high compared with the daily dosage of 350mg 4times daily in humans that is very unlikely to cause of death at regular dosages.

Taking more than the prescribed drug dosage can lead to increased risk of having fatal side effects. unless intentionally taken for such purposes, it would be very difficult to attain such high values. She must have taken at least 20tablet or more at once to have any comparable values to that.

May be that is the only abnormal finding they got from the report. However, it cannot for sure conclude that was the cause of her death. It is only suggestive. Beside, there are many other things that can cause death and wouldn't be detectable on any exams.

It is difficult but let rest that file. No matter what we do, we cannot call her back to life. No matter how much information we get, it can only be suggestive and not conclusive. Sorry about her death and wish you well.
Thanks for using our services and feel free to ask for follow up clarifications.
Dr. Ditah, MD
Follow-up: Death was due to probable toxicity of carisoprodol. How much of this drug could have caused death? 4 days later
Thank you very much, Dr. Ditah. You confirmed what I already suspected. I don't believe the drug caused her death. I do believe that is all that they found. Again, thank you, sir.
Brief Answer:
Thank you, too!

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for following up with me.

I feel your pain, but stay strong and keep going. No amount of information or investigation would change the fact that we cannot get her back. Come to terms with the loss and continue the journey here on earth.

If you have no further related questions, please, may I suggest that you consider closing the discussion at this time? Also, write a short review to help us improve on our services to better serve you next time.

I wish you well. Accept my deepest and most sincere condolences for your loss.
Once more, thank you for using our services.
Dr. Ditah, MD