Dear sir/madam, my baby suffering with fungal infection near ear

Dermatologist
Question
Dear sir/madam,

my baby suffering with fungal infection near ear area. image attached for the same. can you please share,what next action taken for cure.
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 34 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Looks like bacterial infection, oral & topical antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic,

I have reviewed the attached photograph and it seems to be Impetigo contagiosa which is a bacterial infection of the skin.

It doesn't look like a fungal infection.

If I were your treating doctor I would recommend you to give your child oral and topical antibiotics.

You haven't mentioned the age and body-weight, What is the age and present body-weight of your child?
Is your child having itching, pain or any other complaints on the lesion?

Kindly revert back with the answers.

Dr Asmeet