Dear Dr My 3 year old is running fever about

Pediatrician
Question
Dear Dr

My 3 year old is running fever about 6 days ago. The fever i would consider pretty Low grade between 37.5 to 38.5 degree celcius. However there are no other symptoms . I brought him to the PD on the 3rd day and the PD check on his ear , throat etc and all was well . Fever medicine was prescribed . He got well the next few days only to feel feverish again. I just measured 38' celcius . Gave him some medicine and he fell asleep.. He had no other symptoms . No rash no insect bites . No flu or cough symptoms too.

May I know what kinda virus causes this ? Bacterial ?
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Eric Goldstein 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fever

Detailed Answer:
Hello. I just read through your question.
In many cases the diagnosis is a simple virus that ultimately heals on it's own. Even when the fever is prolonged, as it is here, this can be the case. However, my preference is to have the children re-examined if the fever persists beyond three days of the initial exam. Exams can change and it would be good to know if anything changed here.