Dear Doctor I have been suffering from bad shoulder (left)

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Dear Doctor
I have been suffering from bad shoulder (left) pains for past few months. I went to see a doctor who injected 40mg of depomedrol in my shoulder this afternoon. I am now suffering from very bad pain in my shoulder and can't lift my left arm. Is this normal or what should I do? I took a voltaren 75mg as pain killer.
Please reply.
Thanks
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is normal.

Detailed Answer:
After a steroid shot initially the pain increases. You can do icing in the area for relief This pain will subside in a day or two and gradually you will feel better. No need to worry.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal