Dealing with recurrent yeast infections. Can taking Chitin Cell inhibitor help?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hello, I have been dealing with recurrent yeast infections for a while now and have tried everything under the sun to get rid of it. I have done research and discovered that yeast cells are made of chitin (which is why it's so hard to kill of yeast) and was wondering if taking a chitin cell inhibitor (chitinase) would kill the yeast effectively.
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ruleout Predisposing factor. Eliminate the source

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You have not mentioned where you had your yeast infection. It can affect nail bed, skin folds, and genital and oral cavity.
I assume that your problem is vaginitis. Even then your sexual activity history also has some influence on relapse.
Certain predisposing factors like Diabetes, steroid drugs, other immuno-suppressive drugs, hormonal therapy, oral contraceptives, prolonged broad spectrum antibiotics etc. to be identified and if possible try to correct the same. The source of reinfection has to identified and eradicate the source. It may be your sex partner, or some other infectious sites of your body nail, fingers and gut.
Aedquate duration of treatment with adequate dose of antifungal creams and oral tablet will eradicate the infection totally.
Alternate antifungal antibiotics like Ketaconazole and Itracanazole can be tried if it failed with Flucanazole.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan