Dealing with domestic violence, appendix erupted. Is it due to violence?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have been subjected to domestic violence for 23 years. My soon to be ex husband beat me up and slammed me against a XXXXXXX wall. Two days later I was admitted to hospital my appendix had erupted and I went straight into surgery. Please can you tell me if this was the cause.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 14 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

First, I am sorry that you have to be dealing with all the violence.

I will be precise and to the point. No, the slamming under any situation will not lead to erupted appendix

It is usually of infective or obstructive origin [Swelling because of infection or the lumen of appendix being block by particles of stool or swollen glands].

Hope I have answered your query. Get back if you need any further assistance.

Get Well Soon.