Dead center in forehead between eyes like a finger compression in purple. Have Syringomyelia. Should I be concerned?

Nov 2013

I woke up with a dent. Dead center
In my forehead. Between my eyes. Up about 1 and 1/2 inch. Like a finger compression that is purple.
I do get Botox for migraines. I was wondering if this could have caused
It. I also have Syringomyelia. I don't know if I should get immediate help or not be a cry baby about it.
Posted Mon, 21 Oct 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no need to worry about the dent.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I can understand your anxiety at finding the dent on the forehead. However, I would like to reassure you that it is an incidental finding in your case, and it does not signify any serious brain problem.

Also, it is not related to Botox therapy for migraine.

Generally, it recovers on own in a few days. If it persists, or if you develop any symptoms such as headache, etc, you can see a doctor and get a CT scan of the head done.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist

Follow-up: Dead center in forehead between eyes like a finger compression in purple. Have Syringomyelia. Should I be concerned? 10 minutes later
Do you know what caused it?
I have been getting headaches and
My blood pressure is high. My nerve
Conduction study came back with a poor
Outcome on both feet and my right arm.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see below

Detailed Answer:
The exact mechanism is not known. Mostly, it is because of change in amount of fluid in brain, mostly fluid moving away from sutures (joint between the skull bones). In some other cases, it could be trivial trauma or pressure on the suture line.

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)