Ddelayed periods, regular on cycles. Can home pregnancy test on the 28th day confirm pregnancy ?

the regular period cycle is 28 days ,can i check my home pregnancy test on the 28th day? will it be showing my pregnancy confirmation
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Please note that the home urine pregnancy test detects hormone called hCG in urine.

The hormone hCG may be detected in urine about 2 weeks after conception (when the egg is fertilized by sperm).

Depending the day of ovulation and fertilization the result may be positive, may be negative if you test early.

You can check it early if you want. The test will be positive only after about 2 weeks of fertilization means if the fertilization has taken place on day 13-14 in your case then only the test will be positive in early days.

The ideal advice would be to wait for at least 4-5 days of your missed period and than go for test.

Still in case you want to take a chance as you are eager to know about you being pregnant or not, please try with first early morning sample.

In case the test is negative, do not lose your heart; repeat the test after 4-5 days of missed period.

One word of advise,as soon as your pregnancy test is positive please see your physician soon for advise regarding switching over to insulin for control of your diabetes during pregnancy, as oral medications are normally avoided in pregnancy as they are not safe.

I hope this helps.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.