Daughter has bumps on stomach, appearing in different places. Is she infected with Herpes?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
hello there..

befor two weeks i consult a doctor here about my doughter. the question was that i have my brother who has gentil herpes and after he played with my doughter and kissed her in her cheeks after three days i noticed four bumps in her stomch they was seprated it was a red cyrcal and in the middle was small white dot it take a week to disappear when i contact a doctor here he told me that it's not a herpes and he reasured me that my doughter is fine.

Now what was in her stomch the bumps it's disappear only left a light brown marks. but i noticed somthing that every day she got a small red bumps with a very small white dot around her mouth it's appear for one day and the next day or in the same day it's disappear and it's appear on different place around her mouth or in her nose somtimes comes in her cheeks just only appear for less than a day and it disappear this since two weeks every day i found a new bump and she got one or two some times three and the end of the day it's disappear and it's appear a new one in different place and the bumps all seprated not comes togather also not eching is that a possible that she got infected with herps from my brother and if it's not herps what is that bumps could be ? plz tell me i am very worry for my doughter
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 5 hours later
The lesions of herpes are spreading fluid filled vesicles or blisters in clusters, though they may start as red spots but soon turn into vesicles, they are painful and itchy and subside after bursting.The lesion doesn't subside and return in a day or two ta rather persist for few days, burst, then heal over a week.
So the description of lesions doesn't exactly match herpes.Morever genital herpes is caused by HSV 2 which spreads through sexual contact and causes genital lesionswhereas HsV 1 virus cause herpes labialis i.e herpes around mouth.
So I dont think your brother has transmitted herpes to your daughter.
The most likely causes for such bumps could be a bacterial or viral skin infection or eczema dermatitis.
You need to consult a dermatologist for confirmation of diagnosis and starting apropriate antibiotics if required.
Meanwhile maintain adequate skin hygiene and avoid any chemical cream application unless advised by doctor.Topical antibiotic creams like mupirocin might provide relief .