Daughter 2 years and 8 months. Planning to buy cooling glass. Suggestions?

Feb 2013

Hi, my daughter is 2 year 8 months old. Is it OK to get her Cooling glass and make her wear in sun? now that we are travelling to Goa, we are planning to get her one. Can you please let me know what all parameters I need to look before buying so that it does not have any side affect to her eyes? She has normal eyes without any issues.
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should prevent ultraviolet rays transmission.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

It is okay to get her cooling sun glasses and make her in sunlight.

But you should look for the following parameters:

1.UV Index: the most important indicator to assess the glass quality.

2.Material similar to glass ophthalmic lenses or special plastic.

3.Glasses should enough to cover all four positions.

4.Frames of high quality to prevent allergic reactions.

And whenever she is using sun glasses ask her not to remove the glasses suddenly and not to look directly into the sunlight.

And I suggest you to go for a good high quality brand and at the same time observe for any allergic problems to the frames of glasses.

And you should take care precautions to prevent injuries to the glasses while she wearing them.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.