Dark urine with foul smell, reduced semen volume, erectile dysfunction. What are the causes and possible cure?

i,m A 50 year old male 5ft8in 145lbs
i,ve noticed in the past two months that I have very strong smelling urine and also very dark, little semen and sperm juring my ejaculation and I am having A hard time maintaining A full erection ,what may be the cause and possible cure for this problem
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX. Thank you for posting your question.

You are describing three different problems here which, in my view, are unconnected. They are:

(1) Dark strong smelling urine. You do not say so but I suspect that this is most noticeable in the mornings when you first empty your bladder. This is normal. It can be reduced by increasing you intake of fluids in the evening and at bedtime.

(2) Reduction of semen volume. Again this is normal for your age and in any case there is nothing that can be done about it.

(3) Some erectile dysfunction. This is probably your most pressing problem.
Have a fasting blood glucose test done to rule out Type 2 diabetes.
Today, this is probably best managed by taking something like Cialis 20 mg.
You may take this and it will improve your erections over a 36 hour period.
When you get your confidence back, you may not need this anymore.

I hope you will accept my answer and that you found this useful. Here is to your good health!
Follow-up: Dark urine with foul smell, reduced semen volume, erectile dysfunction. What are the causes and possible cure? 3 hours later
thank you for your quick responce Dr. Rynne

Is it normal to go from lets say half filling A shot glass with ejaculent to just having A few drops ?
I understand my age is A factor but it happened so quickly thats what worried me.

What is the reason for getting A test on type 2 diabetes ?
my biggest thing is not having A family Doctor .
I thank you again for your time and patience .

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 10 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX.

Thanks for your follow up questions.

A fall in ejaculate volume is normal. I agree that yours may be dramatic, but it is still normal depending on how often you ejaculate. There is no treatment for it.

I suggested fasting blood glucose because Type 2 diabetes is sometimes underlying cause for mild to moderate erectile dysfunction. There is no urgency about it though.

I hope this information helps. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.

Wish you good health.