Dark urine, bloating, gassy, discomfort in pelvic area

General Surgeon
I have dark urine and feel bloated and gassy. Even after drinking water my urine is still very dark. I Feel gassy as well. In my lower pelvic area I feel some mild discomfort but I don't feel like I have a bladder infection.
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 21 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Dark urine in most cases can be a sign of bilirubin in urine. This happens when blood bilirubin level rises. The reason of such condition can be caused by jaundice due to biliary tract obstruction or liver disease (caused by viruses or some medicines).
According to your surgery history and abdominal discomfort biliary tract or HBV/HCV infection is very possible.
It is advisable for you to see your doctor right away and have fool blood work with liver enzymes and pancreas enzymes, urine tests, abdominal ultrasound and abdominal CT if necessary.
Dark urine is very important symptom and should not be neglected. Especially if your eyeballs are yellow as well.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.