Dark stools after taking AZO cranberry pills, immune boosting probiotic and vitamin C. Is it normal?

I took 2 AZO cranberry pills with immune boosting probiotic & vitamin C and I had a stool movement with dark XXXXXXX stool. Is that normal or may it have been because of the AZO pills?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Having a dark XXXXXXX bowel movement only once could be due to the pills that you are taking or due to a food substance that you consumed recently.
This is not a worrisome symptom.
If this is a one time symptom then, you may as well wait and watch for it to subside on its own. Most of the time, it does.
Ensure that you take lots of water.
Avoid spicy food.
Take at least 5-6 portions of vegetables or fruits every day.
In case, problem does not settle in next 2-3 days, you can consult your doctor for the same.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.