Dark spots on body, not sure of acne. How can I take care of skin?

I have lot of black/dark red spots(some very small) all over my shoulder,biceps and back.I am not sure that they are because of acne but I feel so.

Please let me know how can I take care of my skin(food which can help me to keep my skin health naturally,food i should avoid),

Also let me know the medicines/Soap/Lotion which I should take/use.

If needed I can send a picture of the spots on my back and shoulders.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 22 hours later

With the description, it looks like you are suffering from truncal acne and acne pigmentation.
It would be good if you attach a good picture of the lesion, it will be of valuable help in deciding the treatment protocol.

As of now, you may start using salicylic acid soap (like medsoap acne).

Whether you would need specific anti acne treatment, I shall decide after seeing the pictures as treatment for active acne and post acne marks is quite different.

For diet, there is no particular restriction. Just avoid too much of oily food. Take good amount of water. And antioxidants like amla, oranges, mausambi, etc., will benefit you.

Follow-up: Dark spots on body, not sure of acne. How can I take care of skin? 23 hours later
I have attached a photo of my back,please have a look.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 13 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up and providing the picture.

I see you have mostly post acne pigmentation and few active lesions.

My suggestion is you need treatment with antibiotics like Doxycycline for 6-8 weeks and local application of Hydroquinone lotion or cream for 3 months.

These medicine are not available over the counter. So, please visit a Dermatologist personally for a prescription.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.